Six PIllars of Prevention
Six Pillars of Prevention
by the National Coalition to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation
The Six Pillars of Prevention is a guiding document that outlines six critical components to the prevention of abuse. With the release of this document, the Prevention Coalition is hoping to build a dialogue around the creation of a comprehensive policy agenda to benefit children and prevent sexual abuse.
Explaining that there is no one policy that can combat child sexual abuse and exploitation, the Prevention Coalition chose instead to identify six areas in which policies can have the most impact on prevention.
The Six Pillars are:
• Strengthen Youth Serving Organizations (YSOs) sexual abuse and exploitation prevention capacity,
• Support the healthy development of children,
• Promote healthy relationships and sexuality education for children and youth,
• End the demand for children as sexual commodities,
• Have sustainable funds for prevention, and
• Prevent initial perpetration of child sexual abuse and exploitation.
National Coalition to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation. (2015). Six Pillars for Prevention. Retrieved from www.preventtogether.org
Get The Facts
Whether you identify as a victim, survivor, or as someone working through the trauma of sexual abuse, know that you are not alone, you are not to blame for what happened, and support is available to help you on your journey to healing.
Make a Donation
Help us ensure the right of every child to a safe childhood free from sexual abuse and exploitation.