Get The Facts
Being informed is the first step in ending the silence, shame, confusion and denial that have allowed child sexual abuse to occur and even thrive in our homes and communities.
This section will help you learn:
- What child sexual abuse is, as well as some abusive touching and non-touching behaviors you should be aware of;
- Some myths about child sexual abuse and the facts that disprove them;
- The incidence and impact of sexual abuse on children;
- Who abusers typically are and how they operate;
- Sexual behaviors of children – both typical and problematic;
- Some recomendations for keeping your children safe while they use the Internet, social media, and other technology;
- What Massachusetts citizens think about child sexual abuse and how to prevent it.