Report Abuse

Anyone can report abuse.
You do not need to be a mandated reporter to report abuse.
If you or someone else is in immediate and serious danger, you should call 911. 

If you suspect or know that a child is being physically or sexually abused or neglected, it is import to report the abuse, both for the good of the child and to stop the abuser. If the person committing the abuse happens to be someone you care about, remember that the most caring thing you can do is stop them from continuing to abuse a child.

How do I report suspected child abuse or neglect? 
exit_to_app State Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Numbers

Contact your local child protective services office or law enforcement agency to report abuse in your state.


exit_to_app Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline

Call or text 1.800.4.A.CHILD [1.800.422.4453]). Professional crisis counselors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in over 170 languages. All calls are confidential. The hotline offers crisis intervention, information, and referrals to thousands of emergency, social service, and support resources.


exit_to_app CyberTipline

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children

To report an incident involving the possession, distribution, receipt or production of child sexual abuse material, AKA “child pornography”, which captures the sexual abuse and exploitation of children. These images and videos document victims’ exploitation and abuse, and they suffer re-victimization each time the images are viewed.

File a report with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at or 1-800-843-5678. Your report will be forwarded to a law enforcement agency for investigation and action. If you have an emergency that requires an immediate law enforcement response, call 911 or contact your local police or sheriff’s department.

You can also report information regarding possible child sexual exploitation, sex trafficking, enticement for sexual acts, sex tourism, or unsolicited obscene material sent to a child.

Website: Phone: 1-800-843-5678