Make A Donation
Help us ensure the right of every child to a safe childhood free from sexual abuse and exploitation.
Stop the Hurt Before it Starts!
The Enough Abuse Campaign is a program of Massachusetts Citizens for Children (MassKids), a 60-year old charity with an impressive track record of improving the lives of Massachusetts’ most vulnerable children. We are an outcome-driven, no frills organization. Every dollar raised is used to make the greatest impact for children.
Your generous donation will help us:
- Educate more parents, concerned adults and communities about what they can do to keep children safe from child sexual abuse;
- Train more school and youth organization staff to identify boundary violations before they can escalate to reportable, illegal sexual offenses;
- Provide assistance to school and youth organization leaders to help strengthen their prevention policies and practices;
- Engage individuals everywhere to take specific actions to prevent child sexual abuse through our unique online “Pledge to Prevent™” action campaign;
- Advocate for passage of legislation that would provide justice for survivors, accountability for abusers, and protection for more children.
To thank you for your donation, please enjoy this inspiring message from the children.
Mail a check
Please mail your check to:
Massachusetts Citizens for Children
112 Water Street, Suite 502
Boston, MA 02109
Many companies match or double donations. Check with your employer to see if they have a payroll deduction giving program. Then designate Massachusetts Citizens for Children as your charity of choice.
Honor Someone Special
However you donate, you can make your gift in honor of a special person, caregiver or teacher for all they do for your child, or in memory of a loved one. We will send an acknowledgement to the honoree.
Shop through Amazon Smile and Amazon will donate a percentage of your purchase to Massachusetts Citizens for Children (MassKids), which directs the Enough Abuse Campaign.
Our Platinum GuideStar rating tells you we have reached the highest level of accountability and transparency.
Our four-star rating on Charity Navigator classifies us as “Exceptional”-“Exceeds industry standards and outperforms most charities in its cause.”
Our Platinum Transparency rating from Candid is the highest level of transparency.
Other Ways to Give
Donate Stocks, Securities or Through Donor Advised Funds
Make a gift of appreciated securities through electronic transfer or by donating certificates through the mail. Benefits will accrue to you, to the Enough Abuse Campaign, and best of all, to the children serve.
Gifts of Securities ~ Overview of Tax Benefits
A gift of appreciated securities held for more than one year may provide significant benefits to you as a contributor, such as:
- Entitling you to a charitable income tax deduction for the fair market value of the gifted securities as of the date of gift.
- Eliminating capital gains tax that would ordinarily become due if you had sold the appreciated securities on the open market and donated the proceeds from the sale to charity.
- Claiming your charitable deduction against a portion of your adjusted gross income. Any unused deductions can be carried forward over the next five years.
- Providing a way to help you to achieve your long-term financial objective of reducing your income and estate taxes.
If you have securities that have declined in value over the years and are interested in donating them to charity, you may find it more advantageous to sell the securities first and contribute the proceeds to charity as opposed to donating the securities outright. This strategy should allow you to claim a deduction for both the loss from the sale of the securities as well as the charitable gift. If you are considering this option, we suggest you consult with your tax advisor.
You can donate through your donor-advised fund using DAF Direct at this link if your DAF is through Fidelity Charitable, Schwab charitable, or BNY Mellon.
If your DAF is hosted by another company, you can go to your DAF’s website and select Massachusetts Citizens for Children, Tax ID: 04-2276809. You can specify that the purpose of your donation is to benefit the Enough Abuse Campaign. For transfer instructions or more information, contact:
or call 617-259-1767.
Be A Legacy Donor Through Planned Giving
You can make a significant gift to help ensure our ongoing advocacy for our state’s most vulnerable children by including Massachusetts Citizens for Children, which directs the Enough Abuse Campaign, in your estate planning. One way is to make a bequest through your will or trust. By doing so, you not only leave a lasting legacy to be remembered, you also lessen the tax burden on your family and may secure estate tax savings.
How to Make a Bequest
A bequest can be made easily. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to Massachusetts Citizens for Children as part of your estate plan.
A bequest can be made in several ways. You can:
- Gift a specific dollar amount or asset (specific bequest)
- Gift a percentage of your estate (percentage bequest)
- Gift from the balance or residue of your estate (residual bequest)
- Make a beneficiary designation of certain assets (contingent bequest)
A bequest is generally a revocable gift, which means it can be changed or modified at any time. You can choose to designate that a bequest be used for a general or specific purpose so you have the peace of mind knowing that your gift will be used as intended. Bequests are exempt from federal estate taxes. If you have a taxable estate, the estate tax charitable deduction may offset or eliminate estate taxes, resulting in a larger inheritance for your heirs.
In order to make a bequest, you should speak with your attorney and/or tax advisor who can help you include a bequest to Massachusetts Citizens for Children in your estate plan. Click here for some basic bequest language to assist you and your attorney.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about how to make a bequest to Massachusetts Citizens for Children or to request any additional information that might be helpful to you and your attorney as you consider making a bequest to us.
If you have included a bequest for Massachusetts Citizens for Children in your estate plan, please contact us to let us know. We would like to thank you and recognize you for your gift.
We are available to discuss any of these options with you.
Please call us at (617) 742-8555 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks for your generosity and the commitment to children that it represents.
Massachusetts Citizens for Children (MassKids) is a 501(c)(3) organization.
Our tax ID number is 04-2276809.